Saturday, November 21, 2015

Books Across America -- DAY TWO


Today, I visited the largest independent bookstore in Oklahoma.  Full Circle Bookstore is located on the first level of the 50 Penn Place building in Oklahoma City.  This charming bookstore boasts more than 60,000 titles in dozens of genres, beautifully arranged within oak book cases with rolling ladders to reach those high volumes.  There were sections of poetry, fiction, travel, classic literature, education...the list goes on, including Native American books, and an entire area dedicated to local Oklahoma authors.  Comfy seating areas with wood burning fireplaces added a warm ambiance to the entire store. There was even an alcove with a coffee bar and cafe offering breakfast and lunch items, and some treats, too.  This is the bookstore that everyone who wants to own a bookstore would love to own.

I was greeted by the friendly staff the moment I entered, Beverly at the front desk, John stocking shelves, and helping customers.  Both, so kind and helpful, and I could tell John knew his literature and was eager to show me around telling me about upcoming events and the fact that they hold one of the largest selections of poetry anywhere.  The children's area was filled from floor to ceiling with a lovely selection of literature especially for the youngest of readers and beyond.  Story hour, wooden train tracks, and cozy corners to curl up with a favorite book.  A paradise of sorts, and a dream come true for book-lovers.  I signed a copy of my new suspense novel, The Lies We Keep, and then lingered for a while, browsing, and chatting about books, and then enjoyed a cup of tea with Mr. Lane before hitting the road to our next destination.  I highly recommend Full Circle Books in Oklahoma City if you have a chance to visit.  Absolutely charming.


I love these vintage theater seats.
John couldn't have been more kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment